I’m a huge Judas Priest fan. To me Rob Halford is the perfect metal singer. That being said, the two Ripper albums don’t get enough credit. For example, this track is not only one of my favorite Judas Priest songs, but one of my favorite songs of all time. Period.

I usually focus on lyrics last with any song, but this is a case where I’ve always felt a connection to them. I’ve played this song on repeat for like 10-20 times before (something I never do) when I’ve gone through some really dark stuff in my life. One of the few songs, I actually get chills from every time I listen to it.

FYI, a little NSFW in the beginning.

My favorite section is below.

Say my whole life I've always been disliked
Ignored unless you're spitting insults at me
And I don't know why you felt so justified
In all the degradation that you dished on me

Oh! Now my status has changed
And you've got yourself to blame
Oh! I'll grab all the attention I crave
Now I'm running Hell - Heaven won't be the same

,

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    Good stuff, man. I remember you would keep this CD in your car all the time. Remember CDs? lol good times

    P.S. I heard you were staying in the Dallas area now. We should hang some time. Haha

Leave a Reply