I hope everyone has had or is having a happy holiday season. Things have been pretty crazy for me. My wife came down with the flu and all three of my kids picked up a bad cold that we’ve all shared with each other over the last week plus. Therefore, all of our original holiday plans ended up getting nixed. My wife and I went into scramble mode to make sure Christmas was still fun and special for the kids.

I’ve still been writing/editing, but because of this and just a really hectic December, I’m admittedly several weeks behind of where I wanted to be. Nowhere near panic mode, just eating into the lead time I like to maintain on my releases so things never get to panic territory.

Anyway, as I usually do every year, below are my top 10 favorite reads of the year (not necessarily 2014 releases)

10. Eric by Terry Pratchett


9. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson


8. The Cormorant by Chuck Wendig


7. The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons


6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy


5. The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks


4. The Martian by Andy Weir


3. Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence


2. King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence


1. Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence


So, what are your thoughts? Read any good books lately? If so, share them in the comments.

Leave a Reply